Workshop is an integrated marketing agency providing strategic consulting and creative marketing solutions that help clients solve their evolving business challenges. Rooted in destination marketing from the 1980 Winter Olympic Games, Workshop has grown into an agency of 30+ talented employees whose expertise across marketing disciplines leads to innovative strategies and measurable results for destinations marketing organizations, tourism businesses, active outdoor companies, educational institutions, health care companies, economic development agencies, and other businesses.
Workshop is headquartered in Lake Placid NY and Saratoga Springs, NY. Workshop has won multiple national, state and regional honors for its websites, creative, and strategic marketing solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Public Relations, the Sr. Manager of Social Media will oversee strategy for client social media programs and lead the Social Media Team to curate content, draft content that ladders up to the client’s overall goals and strategy and deliver content on relevant channels on behalf of Workshop clients. The ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to pair big-picture strategy with results to drive goal-oriented results for clients and must be available for social media community management seven days a week.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Be the agency resource for big-picture strategy, industry trends and in-platform developments and opportunities
- Identify compelling strategies and content opportunities in support of social media and other digital needs, including web content, paid social, email marketing, etc.
- Create engaging organic social media campaigns that result in channel growth, high levels of engagement, referrals and social buzz
- Lead the creation of client content calendars governing the release of content that aligns with client’s overall goals
- Lead the development and implementation of social media strategies and oversee day-to-day social media workflow
- Oversee successful community management for all client channels
- Monitor and ensure all social media work is completed on time and on budget
- Support Account Executives in social media specific client-facing activities
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to identify new integrated opportunities
- Participate in Agency advocacy work by contributing strategies and content to social channels
- Assist with content creation, UGC content curation, and oversee asset management to ensure a non-stop database of feeder content for all social media clients
- Oversee support staff as required, delegating and assigning work to create a seamless workflow and ensure smooth operations on a day-to-day basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications or equivalent experience - required
- A minimum of 4 years professional success in a formal communications role - required
- Demonstrated professional success in a formal social media role - required
- A history of excellence in active research, listening, writing, and story-telling - required
- Demonstrated success rapidly building and maintaining relationships - required
- Proven success working in a fast paced, dynamic ‘get it done’ environment - required
- Advanced Degree with leadership, business or communications focus - desired
- Live It - What we do today matters most - Shine!
- Own It - Understand expectations, set up for success, give it your best effort and be accountable to the team - Win!
- Send It - Be hungry. Always look ahead. Don’t be afraid to fail. Win with pride.
- Appreciate It - Respecting the individual contributions of the team. Understanding the client. Rewarding openmindedness.
Benefits & Compensation
- Be a part of an employee-owned company located in the Heart of the Adirondack mountains
- Competitive based salary & Incentive Compensation Structure
- Comprehensive medical, dental & life insurance plan
- Paid vacation, sick & personal days
- Paid holidays
Working Conditions & Physical Efforts
- Ability & willingness to travel <25% of time
- Intellectually intense, fasted paced and often changing environment
- Work is performed in an interior office or mobile work environment
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time while interfacing with a telephone and computer
- Requires employees have no restrictions operating a motor vehicle
- Requires employees have no restrictions on domestic or international travel
- This role requires limited physical effort and has limited exposure to physical risk
The duties and responsibilities, qualifications, physical conditions and other statements contained herein represent the current general nature of the job described, and are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. This job description does not limit in any way the assignments given to an employee in this role. Employees are expected to perform any and all duties (compliant, legal & ethical) assigned by the Company leadership, collaboratively and with the best intention of the customer and company.
Job posted in partnership with HR Resolved