Workshop is an integrated marketing agency providing strategic consulting and creative marketing solutions that help clients solve their evolving business challenges. Rooted in destination marketing from the 1980 Winter Olympic Games, Workshop has grown into an agency of 30+ talented employees whose expertise across marketing disciplines leads to innovative strategies and measurable results for destinations marketing organizations, tourism businesses, active outdoor companies, educational institutions, health care companies, economic development agencies, and other businesses.
Workshop is headquartered in Lake Placid NY and Saratoga Springs, NY. Workshop has won multiple national, state and regional honors for its websites, creative, and strategic marketing solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Search Marketing, the SEO/SEM Specialist leads the paid and local search strategy and execution. The SEO/SEM Specialist will be required to support client digital marketing needs such as planning and execution of paid and local search tactics, communication, analytics review and annotation, reporting, benchmarking, and overall campaign strategy. The ideal candidate will have exceptional critical thinking skills, strong creative writing skills, and the ability to lead & influence change.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Become an expert/thought leader in search engine technology and build/maintain the relationships required to stay in the forefront of the search marketing sector. Ensure learnings are driven into Workshop execution
- Understand and support the client objectives and provide a contributing voice into digital marketing strategy & budget; ultimately execute to those strategies on-time and within the agreed-to budget while balancing the client and business goals
- Lead the execution of paid and local search campaigns, including on-site and off-site tactics, while utilizing 3rd party search tools and leading best practices
- Leverage integrated KPIs to optimize execution
- Contribute to an initial, and ongoing, positive user experience through paid and local campaign deployment including, but not limited to keyword review, landing page assessment, ad copywriting, review generation and response, analytic review, monthly/quarterly benchmarking, and associated site updates
- Responsible for ensuring search engine visibility remains high
- Develop comprehensive reports to be delivered to both inside Workshop and outward to prospect and clients
- Establish and/or continuously improve the standards and business processes required to ensure the SEO/SEM team delivers repeatably good quality work on time, the first time
- Partner with paid media team to ensure campaign alignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field - required
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO/SEM strategies - required
- Proven success with budget management and demonstrate attention to detail - required
- Proven success juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment - required
- Proven success learning quickly and translating the learnings into practice and results - required
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative. Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic - required
- Track record of humbly learning, growing and a desire to both do better - required
- An understanding of business process, measurements/metrics and a history of continuous improvement - required
- A history of success executing daily management of campaigns for paid and local search - desired
- A history of professional success in the Marketing Agency model - desired
- Proven success evaluating campaign performance - desired
- Google Analytics and Ads certified - desired
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google My Business, Yext, SEMrush, Whitespark - desired
- Live It - What we do today matters most - Shine!
- Own It - Understand expectations, set up for success, give it your best effort and be accountable to the team - Win!
- Send It - Be hungry. Always look ahead. Don’t be afraid to fail. Win with pride.
- Appreciate It - Respecting the individual contributions of the team. Understanding the client. Rewarding openmindedness.
Benefits & Compensation
- Be a part of an employee-owned company located in the Heart of the Adirondack mountains
- Competitive based salary & Incentive Compensation Structure
- Comprehensive medical, dental & life insurance plan
- Paid vacation, sick & personal days
- Paid holidays
Working Conditions & Physical Efforts
- Ability & willingness to travel <25% of time
- Intellectually intense, fasted paced and often changing environment
- Work is performed in an interior office or mobile work environment
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time while interfacing with a telephone and computer
- Requires employees have no restrictions operating a motor vehicle
- Requires employees have no restrictions on domestic or international travel
- This role requires limited physical effort and has limited exposure to physical risk
Job posted in partnership with HR Resolved
The duties and responsibilities, qualifications, physical conditions and other statements contained herein represent the current general nature of the job described, and are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. This job description does not limit in any way the assignments given to an employee in this role. Employees are expected to perform any and all duties (compliant, legal & ethical) assigned by the Company leadership, collaboratively and with the best intention of the customer and company.