Located in the heart of the Adirondacks in Lake Placid, NY, the SEO and PPC Specialist will take the lead on all things local and paid search. Our digital marketing clients include travel and tourism, breweries, vacation rentals, healthcare, performing arts, real estate, and more. The diversity of industries allows continual growth of skills and digital tactics. This is a dual role optimizing for both paid search (Google and Bing Ads) as well as online local platforms (Google maps, Apple maps, Yelp, and other platforms as identified).
The SEO and PPC specialist will have the exciting opportunity to learn our client’s businesses inside and out and will gain a deep understanding of how search engine algorithms work and continue to evolve. Working closely with the Director of Search Marketing, this position will take the lead on strategy, execution, and reporting for all Local Search and PPC campaigns. The ideal candidate will have exceptional critical thinking skills, strong creative writing skills, and the ability to lead & influence change within the search engines.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Become an expert in search engine technology and build/maintain the relationships required to stay in the forefront of the search marketing industry
- Understand and support the client objectives and provide a contributing voice into digital marketing strategy & budget
- Execute digital strategies on-time and within the agreed-to budget while balancing the client and business goals
- Lead the execution of PPC and local search campaigns, including on-site and off-site tactics, while utilizing 3rd party search tools and leading best practices
- Leverage integrated KPIs to optimize execution
- Conduct the following digital marketing tactics: keyword research, landing page assessment, ad copywriting, local listing review generation and response, website analytic review, monthly/quarterly benchmarking, website updates, and other evolving digital tactics
- Ensure search engine visibility remains high through PPC and local search tactics
- Develop comprehensive reports to be delivered to both inside Workshop and outward to prospects and clients
- Establish and/or continuously improve the standards and business processes required to ensure the SEO/PPC team delivers repeatably good quality work on time, the first time
- Partner with paid media team to ensure campaign alignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field - required
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO/PPC strategies - required
- Proven success with budget management - required
- Strong attention to detail - required
- Proven success juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment - required
- Proven success learning quickly and translating the learnings into practice and results - required
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative. Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic - required
- Track record of humbly learning, growing and a desire to both do better - required
- An understanding of business process, measurements/metrics and a history of continuous improvement - required
- A history of success executing daily management of campaigns for paid and local search - desired
- A history of professional success in the Marketing Agency model - desired
- Proven success evaluating campaign performance - desired
- Google Analytics and Ads certified - desired
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google My Business, Yext, SEMrush, Whitespark - desired
Workshop is an integrated marketing agency providing strategic consulting and creative marketing solutions that help clients solve their evolving business challenges. Rooted in destination marketing from the 1980 Winter Olympic Games, Workshop has grown into an agency of 30+ talented employees whose expertise across marketing disciplines leads to innovative strategies and measurable results for destinations marketing organizations, tourism businesses, active outdoor companies, educational institutions, health care companies, economic development agencies, and other businesses. Workshop is headquartered in Lake Placid NY and Saratoga Springs, NY. Workshop has won multiple national, state and regional honors for its websites, creative, and strategic marketing solutions.
- Live It - What we do today matters most - Shine!
- Own It - Understand expectations, set up for success, give it your best effort and be accountable to the team - Win!
- Send It - Be hungry. Always look ahead. Don’t be afraid to fail. Win with pride.
- Appreciate It - Respecting the individual contributions of the team. Understanding the client. Rewarding openmindedness.
Benefits & Compensation
- Be a part of an employee-owned company located in the Heart of the Adirondack mountains
- Competitive based salary & Incentive Compensation Structure
- Comprehensive medical, dental & life insurance plan
- Paid vacation, sick & personal days
- Paid holidays
Working Conditions & Physical Efforts
- Ability & willingness to travel <25% of time
- Intellectually intense, fasted paced and often changing environment
- Work is performed in an interior office or mobile work environment
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time while interfacing with a telephone and computer
- Requires employees have no restrictions operating a motor vehicle
- Requires employees have no restrictions on domestic or international travel
- This role requires limited physical effort and has limited exposure to physical risk
The duties and responsibilities, qualifications, physical conditions and other statements contained herein represent the current general nature of the job described, and are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. This job description does not limit in any way the assignments given to an employee in this role. Employees are expected to perform any and all duties (compliant, legal & ethical) assigned by the Company leadership, collaboratively and with the best intention of the customer and company.
Job posted in partnership with HR Resolved.